- Don’t know where you want to go? In-depth trip exploration
- Know where you want to go? trip consultation
- Handcrafted itineraries based on your needs, personality, and travel style
- Customs profile – everything you need to know about where you’re going
- Culture Guide -history and cultural hightlights
- Enhance your trip – option to engage with local organizations to give back and “live better, leave better”
- Carbon Footprint calculator and option to donate to carb offsetting programs
- Sustainable travel tips
- Packing for a greener trip
During the Trip
- Accommodations– We set you up in accommodations that are creating the least waste and that will give you an authentic experience. Whether you choose to do a home-stay or you’d like to live large in a luxury resort, we will pair you with places that are are doing their part to be environmentally conscious.
- Getting there– Most travel requires taking a plane for your initial departure. It is our aim to help you get around, while at your destination through more creative means. We’ll work with you to figure out the most comfortable and sustainable choices for seeing the sights!
- Playing there- Whether you are skydiving, thrill seeker or a museum junkie, Green Suitcase Travel will help you select activities that suit your personality and leave a lasting impression. We offer pre-planned itineraries with room for self-guided exploration, or we can create a customized itinerary just for your needs.
- Health and well-being component can be included
- Reusable bags to shop with
- Volunteering options
- Suggested cultural events
We help you select accommodations that will give you an authentic experience, allow you to engage in local culture, and create the least waste. Whether you choose to do a home-stay or you’d like to live large in a luxury resort, or something in between; we will pair you with places that are enhancing the community and environment.
Whether you are a skydiving, thrill seeker or a museum junkie, Green Suitcase will help you select unique activities that suit your travel style and leave a lasting impression. We help you determine which excursions and organizations are contributing to the local economy and promoting ethical practices so you can enjoy them with peace of mind.
Most travel requires taking a plane for your initial departure. But while at your destination, it is our aim to help you get around through more creative means. We’ll work with you to figure out the most comfortable and exciting choices for seeing the sights in a sustainable way.
What we bring back tells a larger story of where we’ve been. Picking souvenirs for yourself and loved ones is a cherished activity and we all want to find that unique item that helps us relive our trip or remind us of a transformative experience. GST wants that for you too. Whether we help you pop some thrift shop tags in Paris or buy a Daruma doll in Japan, we'll dive into the how and where something was made. Many souvenirs have unethical origins and our aim is to curate locally sourced goods from businesses that support the local economy and people that live there.
Let's be honest....this is a HUGE part of traveling. When we tell our friends what we did on our trip, 50 % of what we talk about is the food. Community forms around the table. Strangers become friends over a cup of cappuccino. Storytelling becomes more lively after a few glasses of wine. Depending on your dietary needs and preferences, GST will point you in the direction of farm-to-table restaurants, organic eateries, and even rooftop apiaries (if that's your thing). If you are looking for food experiences, we can hook you up local with cooking classes and food tours.
Enhancing Your Trip
When you visit a place, you receive many gifts. There can be self-care, growth, knowledge, expansion, change, and transformation to name a few, and the more you immerse, the more you take home. You don’t have to spend hours doing beach clean-up, if that’s not your thing. For some, it may be donating money to an organization fighting sex slavery while visiting Cambodia. For others, it may be sitting with the elderly in London and listening to their stories, or spending a day at an animal shelter in Santorini learning about the donkey industry. We like to call this element, "enhance your trip". We acknowledge that not everyone wants to spend their vacation time volunteering. We do, however, want to make "living better and leaving better" fun and tailored to your personality. We'll work with you to explore opportunities to enhance your trip in a personal and holistic way.
After the Trip
- Recap of carbon footprint
- Follow Up’s and more resources to help continue sustainable travel
Let’s Get Planning
Please complete the form below